Ballerina Banana Muffins!Apr 28, 2022
Whenever I post a photo of my famous banana muffins on Instagram, I’m always asked for the recipe. That’s because they LOOK delicious. But most importantly they TASTE delicious!
There’s one problem when people ask me for the recipe; it’s written down in a random journal from a few years ago and by the time I’m in the vicinity of it I forget to reply to the person with the recipe. This literally happened today when my sister-in-law asked me for the recipe…
I cook these muffins all the time because they are the perfect pre or post class snack. These are perfect because I dislike teaching or dancing on a full stomach, but it’s really important to keep my energy levels up.
Ballet Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- Beat all the ingredients (up to the cinnamon) together with a whisk
- Mix in the flour and oats
- Top with some brown sugar and extra oats
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 160 degrees (fan forced)
- Cool for 10 minutes on a rack before enjoying
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! And if you feel like it, snap a photo and tag me on socials to share the ballet banana muffin love and make my day…
Peace & Pliés,
Stay connected with the Balanced Ballerinas Community!
My newsletter drops every Friday...
I hate spam and will only ever send you encouraging words!